Brimington is a Village in North Derbyshire just two miles from Chesterfield. It has a population of 8,000 residents and was first mentioned in the Domesday Book.
The main A619 Trunk Road runs through the middle of the village and it is bound on three sides by the River Rother and the Chesterfield Canal, Tapton Golf Course and Westwood. The parish includes Brimington Common along Manor Road, and New Brimington, a late 19th-century extension towards the Staveley Iron Works. Brimington Hall was at the centre of the village until it was demolished in 1920. Manor House Farm is still standing and occupied on Manor Road; the boundary wall and gate piers were listed on 26 September 1977.
Churches include St Michael and All Angels, Church Street and Brimington Methodist Church, Hall Road and Mount Tabor Methodist Church, Victoria Street.
Henry Bradley Infants on Princess Street, Manor Infants and Nursery on Manor Road feed into Brimington Junior on Springvale Road. Most pupils then go on to either Springwell Community College on Middlecroft Road, Staveley or Netherthorpe School, Ralph Road, Staveley.
Recreation grounds include Damon Drive, Eastwood (known as Thistle Park) on Station Road, Manor Road and Princess Street.
Brimington’s Memorial Gates commemorate the village soldiers of both WW1 & WW2 and are situated on Manor Road. A website dedicated to the men from the village who died in World War One can be found at www.brimington-memorial.co.uk
The Parish Council is over 100 years old and is represented by 10 Parish Councillors, the Parish Council run the Community Centre on Heywood Street.
If you are interested in the history of Brimington then please visit the Brimington and Tapton Local History Group website. This contains lots of details and a regular blog www.brimingtonandtaptonhistory.org.uk